LET US HELP YOU!
1. RADIO -
"Save Our Black Boys" Radio - Weekly
Highlights scientific research, educational news and lifestyle tips for parents to support the academic performance and Black history knowledge base of their African-American youth.
Also includes interviews with experts and notables.
Past guests include:
DeVon Franklin, Sony Pictures
Sabrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin
Stedman Graham, CEO & Author
Luci Baines Johnson, daughter of
President Lyndon Baines Johnson - signer of
Voting Rights Act, 1965
Listen every Thursday evening 7:30 pm Eastern - 1440 AM in Detroit or online - www.1440wdrj.com
Please Donate to Radio Show --
2. PARENT TRAINING - Academic Turn-Around Program (ATAP) -
Schools invite parents of the lowest performing students.
Parents learn step-by-step strategies to engage their sons in meaningful support for academic improvements. Awards given for parents who complete the session series.
3. WORKSHOP- Parent Involvement Workshop- "Save Our Black Boys" - Churches, schools and other organizations can request this relevant workshop. Presented at Embassy Suites Hotel, Michigan and Juvenile Justice Dept., Beloit, Wisconsin
4. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - In-service workshops for educators -
"Close The Achievement Gap for African-American Male Students" - Presented for Hoke County Public Schools, North Carolina
5. AFROCENTRIC CURRICULUM DESIGN - Teachers work with presenter to develop a supplemental social studies unit- "African Roots" - to highlight ancient African kingdoms and their contributions to science, architecture, academia, exploration, and more. Presented for Ann Arbor Public Schools, Michigan.
6. AFRICAN-AMERICAN BOOKS - Shop online - over 300 books about people of color. School sets available. To browse catalog, click - www.brownSSbooks.com
7. BLACK HISTORY SUMMER READING CAMP -
Children aged 8-12 take an in-depth look at African and African-American history while brushing up on phonics skills in a rich environment of hands-on creative learning with lots of reading and writing enrichment. Includes movement, musical and oral expression. Request this camp at your location. Go to "Contact Us".
Choose from three sessions:
1. Ancient African Civilizations
2. Plantation Life
3. Underground Railroad
Schools, churches and organizations can host this program as a summer camp or enrichment class during school hours. This camp was held at an Ann Arbor Public School, Michigan.
Office: (734) 729-0501
Cell: (734) 716-0213
"Save Our Black Boys"
is a subsidiary of
Brown Sugar & Spice Books & Educational Services